11/30/10

Making Adjustments...

So far all is going great for our move.  We have made quite a few adjustments today.  Probably the first day of many...

Rocky living in a hotel-he seems to like all the attention in the lobby and is no longer afraid of the elevator.  
Bratwurst for breakfast- Karina LOVED,
Red fruit that I'm not even sure what it was-Cooper loved.
Incredible salmon, meat and cheese for breakfast
Strong coffee-that I loved and only needed one cup.
Kids watching "Special Agent Oso" in German.
Kids sleeping until 10:00-YOU KNOW THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED IN HOFF HOUSE
Cooper asking numerous times, "Why does it take so long to get everywhere" (welcome to a large city)
I ran with Rocky in 19 degree weather (and was the first up-that is also a first)
We let the kids have real Pepsi for the caffeine-YIKES
Our "warm" clothes are not warm enough for the playground.  EVEN Cooper was shivering and I was saying ugly things under my breath about Jason taking so long to pick us up cause my feet were frozen.  Clothes shopping tomorrow!
Slippery monkey bars and zip lines will throw you off!!!!
I did drive in the snow and ice-lasted 10 minutes before I had a heart attack and gave Jason the keys back.





Kids would rather swim in the hotel pool then go to the Christmas Market-this will change....
So now we are going to see how they handle eating in a German restaurant-they believe in VERY slow and relaxing dinners:)

1 comment:

  1. Kirstin...Great to see you all made it! OMG at all the SNOW already!! What a change from Alabama...The pictures are awesome and I will love keeping up with you all through this blog!
    Take care and I already got my Christmas card from you yesterday! Now I just need to get my kids dressed and get a picture made so I can get my cards done! Have a great Holiday season! This is from Jennifer but it says from Braylon because I guess his name was on the google account using my email! Anyways...STAY WARM!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>