12/18/10

Christmas


I took the train back downtown to try to finish Christmas shopping.  I wish I could put the sights and smells of Christmas here in Germany on this blog.  





You could smell the crepes being made, the nuts roasting, the warm Gluwein cooking, sausages grilling, hear all the musicians playing Christmas music, .....it was pure Christmas energy.  Which is good, because I have had a hard time over here getting in the Christmas spirit.  It feels a little strange not being surrounded by all of our friends and family during the holidays.  BUT...I went on youtube with the kids this morning and played tons of Christmas songs.  (That is the ones it would let me play.  It is weird, my computer senses where we are located and will not let me watch Grey's on abc.com or watch some videos due to copyright laws.  Most disappointed about Grey's since that is the only show I watch) I was excited that I am quickly learning the subway system here.  I had another one of my strange sensations today while riding the train to the city center.  I closed my eyes for one minute and had a flash back to my days of living in NYC.  I forgot how relaxing the train is to ride.  I also was reminded how much I love the energy a large city has and how stimulating it is to be surrounded by this...
 


Once home, I went to the Forest behind our house to meet Jason and the kids for some sledding. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>