12/21/10

Communication....

Well, I realized how important it is to continue studying my German.  I had a hair apointment in City Center this morning.  It was a little nerve racking trying to figure out how and which train to the take to the appointment.  (Not to mention going to a new hairdresser)  I gave myself plenty of time....too much time since I arrived 2 hours early. Since the stores don't open until 10, I decided to pop into a little Espresso bar.  Well let me just tell you, if your a little on the nervous edge, don't add a good cup of espresso. When I arrived at this highly recommended hairstylist, I quickly realized my tiny bit of German wasn't cutting it in this situation.  (he only spoke German and Italian)  He has a customer come over and translate (that is saying it nicely). I swear the guy translating says this to me, "You are too white" WHAT?!?!?  At this point I made a decision just to let my hair be in Tony's hands.  I looked up the word for 'recommend' and told him to do what he would recommend. ... and away were went.  And away went my blonde hair and 4 inches.  This reminded me how important it is for me to resume my German lessons:)

5 comments:

  1. Never mind the German lessons for the hairdresser. Just keep letting him do whatever he wants. You look smoking hot. I'm not just saying that to bolster you up. That hair is just AWESOME! I did the same thing in London. The hairdresser only spoke Italian and I left totally different than I went in. Change, as you know, can be a delightful thing. Toss those tresses about! You look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Du siehst magnficient Kirstin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the Yankee Wachs house we all think your hair looks fantastic! Merry Christmas Kirstin!!!
    Love, Caryn
    P.S. I got engaged two days ago!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all! Makes me feel a little close to everyone that you read the blog! Congratulations Caryn!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>