12/10/10

Jason's 40th...

Most important-Happy 40th to Jason.  I feel bad that we don't really have friends here YET, so it was very uneventful.  He started his day by cleaning the new snow off of our cars and shoveling our sidewalk-hee-hee.  Isn't that what all the old men do?  We went to a great Italian restaurant near the house to celebrate.  I even ventured out to find a Backerei-Konditorei ( a bakery that makes sweets)  The lady was telling me (in German)  what fruits, choc,  etc. were inside the cakes.  I decided to go with the cake that I understood what she was saying in German-Apple cake.  The Bakeries here are going to be my downfall.  I can't even begin to explain the smells of all the fresh breads all mixed together when you walk in the door.  Not to mention it is nice and warm in the bakery!  It is a daily stop on my agenda.  The kids love taking Laugenbrezien (Pretzel roll) to school for a snack.  They get to pick out which bread they want at the bakery everyday.

  So, back to the snow falling on my head....I experienced a new "Ha...ha" today.  I had to wear a dress and makeup today because it was the kids school play (setting up the scenario)  By the time the kids and I got out to the car, more snow had covered the car AND THE DOORS WERE FROZEN CLOSED!!  I finally got the driver's door open.  Decided to turn on the wipers to clean off snow from the windshield.  Instead, I ended up covered in snow because the wipers threw it all on me much to Karina and Cooper's delight.

Kids did great in School Christmas play.  Karina had already memorized ALL the words to the songs in 3 days and was a shepard.  Cooper was brave enough to sit on the stage.

She was singing so hard but refused to wear a towel on her head:)

See if you can find Cooper (he didn't want to sing)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>