12/11/10

LAUNDRY

OK, I will never complain about doing laundry in the states.  My friend Edel warned me (but I didn't listen-imagine that)  This is an ENDLESS ordeal here.  First, the machines are tiny.  I'm very excited to fit 4 pairs of jeans in the washer.  Second, most people don't use a dryer here...they say because it is more energy efficient to hang your clothes, I say it is because your clothes will dry quicker if you do hang them.  I have to empty a water container about every hour since it doesn't use a vent.  It took me 2 days (off and on) to dry one load of jeans.  I will be hanging my clothes starting tomorrow (if I can get in the laundry room cause the pile is a mountain)

  Off to do more laundry.......(love)

1 comment:

  1. That's what we went through in Kazakhstan. Downside to air drying is that ironing becomes a must to soften clothes a bit. Now you understand while Europeans where there clothes many times before washing!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>