12/14/10

shopping...

U-Bahn

Tickets are still a challenge for me to purchase...


Today I decided it was time to do some Christmas shopping.  After taking the kids to school and Cooper having his usual crying and clinging to me, I hurried to the grocery store.  Hurried there is one thing, hurrying out is another.  Try shopping for cleaning supplies in another language....I'm probably cleaning our windows with toilet cleaner (smile)  Then, I dashed home to take the train down to the "Konigstrasse".  (It is Stuttgart's 5th Ave.)  I took the train because it is faster and doesn't involve driving on the ice and snow..just walking to the train station in the ice and snow. But I have now learned a trick, don't step, just shuffle on the ice and you wont bust your butt. ( I learned this from the older women with walkers....) I don't know what I was thinking....Christmas shopping in a big City a week prior to the Big day.  The lines were so long in every store, I finally threw in the hat and headed to the "Market hall".  I wanted to get a little food since I have a friend coming over for lunch tomorrow.  (after I go to the Rathaus in the morning for my Driver's license) 




The Market Hall was built in 1912 and is still functioning as a fresh market with fruits, cheeses, breads and fresh fish daily the fish from the North Sea and the Black Forest trout.  It all looked so good but I started getting nervous knowing I would have to speak German and didn't even know some of the food items in English.  I went for it.




When I was leaving, I had to take a picture of this 5-star WC.  (potty)  Not sure how much this elegant one costs ( I make sure I'm good before I leave home and don't drink water until home)


'ChristBaum'
After school Kids and I went to a 'ChristBaum" to get a Christmas tree.  It was so cold Karina stayed by their little propane heater and wouldn't help pick one out. We ended up paying 60.00 Euros for this little tree. ( about 80.00 dollars)  My Christmas Carolers were also excited to come out of their box. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>