12/26/10

Sunny, nice warm day....high of 19F

Pops and J thought they should dig car out even though we weren't going anywhere....boys
We woke up to a nice sunny day with temps around 5.  BUT....it warmed up to about 19, so off we went...or rather off Grandma, Rocky and I went for a hike in the woods. (Jason had already been for a long run since the snow & cold don't seem to phase him) I am not sure if Grandma liked me so much after the first mile OR the  first uphill mountain we had to climb.  Especially since her luggage still hasn't made it- which happens to include her snow boots.

So, for Grandma our hike was more like ice skating. (hee-hee) I know, I know....Is that any way to treat your mother-in-law-laughing at her slips.  I'm still chuckling hearing her while she is sliding all over the trail "whoop, ewwww, ooop"  I think I may have the next "Bed intruder"Song (please refer to youtube if you happen to be 1 person that hasn't seen this spectacle)  My new version of this is  
Ice Intruder (be sure to hum bed intruder while reading) ...She's climbing up the mountain, she's slippin on the hill,  whyd she make me do this, its so dumb, so dumb.....Find your boots, find yo luggage, Find your boots, Find yo luggage"  I know-I'm sick.  But, Grandma got the last laugh....They all headed out the door sledding and I was going to meet them in a bit.  When I went to get bundled up, only my RAIN-BOOTS were sitting there waiting for me.  (Notice my snowboots on Grandma in the pics)

So, our humor for the day (or maybe I should say "my" humor cause I thought it was funny)  Cooper decided to make a snow angel RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SLED FIELD.  That's our boy.  You will notice in one picture, Jason making his way thru the other 50 families, to get Cooper out of the way while all the people sledding waited.  Then in the other picture, Jason bringing him back to the top.  (Cooper had no idea what the problem was)  The kids also discovered today that they like chasing Jason and Pops on the sled just as much as sledding.  Needless to say, we are all enjoying our time with Grandma and Pops.  For me, it makes me so happy to see my children acclimate so easily to Germany (and sub zero temps!)
Cooper building a snow angel in middle of sled field -J going to get him


Cooper trying to figure out what the big deal was....
J trying to explain why that wasn't a good choice


Pop's gave Jason a Big push down the hill

Cooper building ANOTHER snow angel

Pops-"What is Cooper doing!?!"

Poor Pops

Running after Jason on the sled

Jason is going to get Pops back for earlier

We are making it in Germany!

Glad G & P could come for Christmas

I'm not so sure if I am acclimating to the cold so well.....I had to go sit in our sauna a bit to warm up/sweat today (I closed my eyes and pretended I was in Alabama).  Note to self....don't wear necklace in sauna next time...causes burns.

Well, here is a surprise...it just started snowing again.  

2 comments:

  1. Again, I'm laughing. Not at you but with you. Love, love, love the bed intruder analogy. Have I mentioned how much I miss you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures of your time with J's parents.:)keep up your great attitude!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>