12/8/10

Trash....Trash....Trash

And I'm not talking about T.V.  Today I had a meeting with our "representative"from Daimler who went over ALL FOUR TYPES OF TRASH.  Now I understand why our little trash bin has dividers.  Let me start by saying, 'trash is picked up on a certain date of each month....yes month as in once a month'  The motto here is, "Don't Make trash"  (Now I understand why I can't find ziplocs, papertowels, etc. in markets)  I swear I had a headache when she left going over all my 'trash' expectations.  I will try to list them but this is one that may take me a while----oops, I don't have a while because you get in trouble if you mix your trash.  So,
  • yellow bag is for plastic and aluminum
  • brown bin is for Bio (still trying to figure that out since the example was grass, leaves and trash vegetables)
  • unmarked bin  is for "normal trash" (minus the above trash
  • Other bin is for glass (divided by green, white and I forgot the other color-thank goodness all of my wine bottles are green)
  • Then of course, there is the compost pile in the backyard.

Wow....and I thought it was tough separating my paper in Paper in B-Ham. So, as she was leaving she gave me a gorgeous flow arrangement to 'welcome' us to Germany.....so, my question, which bin do I put the flowers in once they are 'trash'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>