1/1/11

Happy New Year!

my first "Macarena" to ring in New Year
I can't describe it and refuse to even try......The fireworks people were doing in front of our house was as big as a professional firework show.  We would NEVER be able to buy the fireworks in the U.S. and set them off ourselves like they did here last night. I wish I had taken a video.....it was a HUGE show until about 1:15.  I will be adding this to a new experience in Germany.  I must add, all the children went around and collected the firework trash at the end of the night....not a sign of the activities.   Prior to the fireworks,  Pops, Jason and I were watching our own 'big show' on tv.  It was the German version of Dick Clark  ringing in the new year and it WAS NOT Dick Clark.  It WAS girls doing the "Macarena", and  polka dancing German.  It was fun though, cause we couldn't stop laughing.  (Or maybe it was the bubbly that was making us laugh)

Cooper took this picture when we were playing "photographer"
We have had a very relaxing first day of 2011.  I woke up with Karina in my bed saying, "It is snowing again momma...momma, wake up, wake up, it is snowing again, MOMMMAAAA.  UGH-there is a reason I don't stay up late! After Jason surprised me with an "American Breakfast" of a veggie and cheese omelet (I was moaning last night b/c I was craving some American junk food-Nachos, Waffle house and there is very little Mexican food in Germany and Not a single Waffle House) I went in the Forest for a walk with Rocky. Everyday there is some sort of surprise waiting for me to experience.  Today....I am shivering on the walk, look up and had to do a double take...WHAT, ARE YOU KIDDING ME... There is a family having a PICNIC----IN THE SNOW.  I can guarentee you THAT is one thing I will not be trying here.  I am open to all the food, cultural experiences, cold weather, but sitting my butt in the snow for an hour ON PURPOSE to eat....Not a chance. 

When I got home, Jason and Karina took Grandma/ Pops to the city of Tübingen.  Cooper and I stayed home and played Photographer (Cooper had the camera) and too many games of "chutes and ladders" for my attention span.   I guess part of that was to continuously have Cooper say, " I won again mommy"
Pops is getting and 'education'

Karina is reading to Grandma


Our big excitement tonight.... When Pops took out the "Paper trash"( after we had walked the "Glass trash" down 2 blocks) he came running in saying, "Jason, come out here now" Yep, the whole family jumps up to go see what is so urgent. (even though he only calls Jason) There is a fox standing right by our sidewalk.  I would post a picture, but Cooper couldn't seem to remember where he had left the camera after playing Photographer. 

1 comment:

  1. very cute pictures.:) Happy new Year!!Can't believe that someone would actually want to picnic in the snow!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>