2/5/11

Reisebüro

After spending the past three weeks PLOWING thru brochures, visiting CMT and spending countless hours on the internet, we decided to do as our fellow Germans do when it comes to "holiday". We made a visit to our local Reisebüro (travel agency) According to our German friends and neighbors, it is the "norm" to use a travel agent.  It must be true when I am walking down the streets, I noticed another "Reisebüro" about every 2 blocks.  We found that you don't really get any discounts by using the internet and booking yourself as in the US.  Nor do you save time booking it yourself!!!!! Jason and I have always been able to find great deals with ease and thus, have always planned our own.  So, this was a big change for us, but we finally "gave in". If I had only followed my own motto...."When in Germany, do as..." We could have saved a lot of time and stress. 

So off we went with kids in tow to the Sillenbucher Reisebüro and we were back home in a flash with our Spring Break vacation booked for Mallorca Spain. It is the biggest Balearic island, located in the Mediterranean Sea.   The kids were sold immediately when they heard the words, "ocean, pool, ice cream".  I was sold when I heard "sun, cultural history dating back from 123 BC, great food".  I am pretty sure Jason was sold on the thought "not having to plow through vacation guides every night for Kirstin"
 
For me, it felt a little different planning a European vacation now that I am living here.  In the past, when Jason and I were planning one of our vacations to Europe, I would do research, research, research.  I  always wanted to pick the right spot because I had that old thought, "this trip to Europe has to be perfect, because who knows when we will be back" .  Don't ask me why I feel different now that I am living here...the only answer I can come up with......I guess I know I'm coming back, cause I live here???

Here is a link to a site with great pictures of Mallorca in case anyone would like to join us.  (On the site, above the first picture is an arrow to scroll thru all the interesting pictures of the island.....They forgot to include a picture of the ice cream.....
http://www.virtourist.com/europe/mallorca/index.html

3 comments:

  1. We have been to Mallorca many times, differnt spots, as a matter of fact Heinz' cousin has a house there. Mallorca has fantastic places but also some aggrevating ones with a lot of loud tourists who start drinking in the morning. "Ballermann" is such a "famous" place where the Germans like to go and party hard. Stay away! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are amazing of that place! I know you will gave a great time! When is spring break?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to mallorca...but you have to get some pearls when you are there. Guy and I have been to Spain a few times and LOVED it.:) You will hve a great times.:) love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>