3/1/11

Germany's "flying Bacteria"


I guess I am destined to learn a lot more about doctor’s visits in Germany than I am the German language!?  Something is wrong with this picture…cause I have more important things to do than visit German doctors(Like trying out new German restaurants).  I must note, the TWO positives in this “adventure” today were: FIRST-My daughter was the first ‘doctor’ to recognize something was wrong with me this morning when she announced, “Momma, today you don’t look so pretty because your eyes are all Red.” (I just couldn’t imagine what she was talking about...Two cups of ‘good German’ coffee down the hatch and my eyes were still red?)  Second-I was able to make my own appointment (since Jason is in China) with the doctor’s assistant (she doesn’t speak English) AND describe my symptoms ALL IN GERMAN!  Not easy when describing Red “ugly” eyes. I am not sure if I understood the diagnosis correctly or not…but I keep laughing when I think about it today; You have Bacteria in your eyes.  It can blow out of the ‘blooming flowers’ into your eyes and cause “Conjunctivitis Eye” a.k.a-Pink eye.  Seriously????  Bacteria can blow out of flowers?  I guess so since my two other people saw my eyes today and said, “I also had that last week from the flowers”.  I am chalking this one up to bad translation.  Bottom line-I have Pink eye.  As usual here in Germany-I am the only Hoff with this Flower flying bacteria. I decided the perfect solution to bring this day back on a positive track…Go buy some flowers to plant on my patio so some more bacteria can blow around our yard and my body will develop an immune system-hee..hee. 
Long road thru farms..

On the way-you can buy fresh millk here!




 So, I decided to head down the dirt road to the Gärtnerei I found a few weeks back.  First let me tell you how I found this new (115 years old) Garden shop.  Many days as I was picking the kids up from school, I would see cars driving down a long dirt road near school.  So a few weeks back I decided to see what was on this dirt road and see if my non-four-wheel-drive could handle this road.  As I was cruising through what seemed like somebody’s farm complete with milk cows, out of nowhere pops this huge garden shop. 

I have to stress-It is typical to find great shops, restaurants and CAFES here in Germany, right smack in the middle of a neighborhood or ‘farm’.  I love these types of “little surprises” and going back today was a way to say “THANK YOU” to those darn 'Bloomin' Flowers for allowing me another trip to the doctor. 





I have my own bloomin flower now

make that two....

2 comments:

  1. Did the pollen bother you here? I noticed this past Monday that the cars were starting to get a slight yellow tinge.. Ugh! Claritin time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are sick again! the flowers are pretty, though!:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>