3/27/11

Stars in Germany


I have found something Germany has in common with Alabama; when I sit on my porch and gaze at the stars in the sky they look like the same stars I often fell asleep to in Alabama.  Also, I have noticed that people here seem to have a love for sitting outside on a porch or terrace as much as any good ole Southerner.  Well, maybe the Germans ‘one up us’ on that one since I have seen them sitting outside all winter in the cafes even though the temps are in the 30s.  (This Southern girl only tried that twice before deciding that was one “when in Rome” I just wasn’t doing-not to mention it isn’t that cold in Rome.)  However, now that the temperatures have reached a high of 40 in the evening, I can sit outside on our terrace, wrapped in my quilt of course, and gaze at the stars.  The other night as I sat staring at the moon and stars, with my candles glowing just as brightly, I thought, “I am seeing the same sky my family and friends will see in seven hours”.  As I learn all of the new and different things Germany has to offer, I am also learning that there are some things both countries have in common. 

3 comments:

  1. I have thought the same thing!:) BTW, you are braver than me to sit outside in 40 degree weather...I am so used to 90 degree heat and 200% humidity...I don't think I could handle the cold winter you have there!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was snuggled up in that quilt with you. This post, in particular, made me realize just how much I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I thought the same thing the other night when we had the super moon. I asked Bob if u could see it in Germany. Sure do miss you.......

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>