4/2/11

Forest Field trip




I did another “first” today-I helped chaperon a Forest Field trip for 16 four & five year old children.  I have never had the guts to help chaperon either of my child’s field trips.  However, I LOVE THE FORESTS here in Stuttgart, so it was the perfect time to get "over it" and put on a "Chaperon hat".

The Forest was spectacular today and so were the children.  It also turned out to be a very interesting German lesson.  I am not sure why some of Cooper’s friends spoke to me in German, unless maybe they thought my German was funny and wanted to hear more.  Either way, I learned some of my best German words from the children today:

der Adler (Eagle)
Push mich auf (push me on…) heard this MANY times as I pushed everyone on the swing.

And the word kids of all countries seem to know in their language (and all burst out laughing when an adult repeats without knowing what ‘she’  is saying)---die Kacke (poo-poo)
of course a cool playground

Amazing the amount of attention a worm can get..

Learning how big roots grow


2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Glad you could go on the field trip..and too funny that they could teach you some new German words.:) It looks like you all had a great time! love,m:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you girl! Getting braver more and more each day! Great pictures too!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>