4/23/11

Hola!





We arrived in Majorca Spain!  It is a gorgeous island and one of the largest Balearic Islands located in the Mediterranean Sea.  I wasn’t going to blog…but yesterday was too gorgeous and I am now sitting under a  little hut by the pool while the kids try to nap in the sun. 

We started off our vacation to Majorca with Cooper and Karina waking us up EVERY hour prior to our 4:30 AM taxi arrival asking, “is it time to go to the Ocean yet?”  After few hours of sleep we made our way thru security at the airport.  As we stood at the conveyor puzzled by our carry-on bags being held up by the officers, they called Jason aside.  He returned to me with a smile on his face and told us that once again Cooper had brought some “action” to our life; Unbeknown to us, he had decided to pack all of his art supplies in his backpack...including quite a few pairs of his scissors. 

We have now spent 24 hours in sunny Spain and here are a few of our “happy moments” so far….


  • Kids and I are so excited to be at the ocean and sand.  That is one of the things they (and I) really miss about Alabama.
  • I’m going to admit, I am enjoying the humidity!  My lips are starting to feel normal already.
  • Jason and I have both realized how little our bodies have seen sun since moving to Germany (guess we’re bundled up too much)  I’m red and wearing 50 SPF!!!
  • Our children were the only ones swimming in the cold pool. 
  • The kids said, “ the most fun part so far was sitting on the cliffs by the Ocean to see the rainbows as the waves crashed.”  I thought for sure it would be the unlimited ice cream at the hotel.
  • The Food…Authentic Paella, TONS of fresh moist fish off the grill, and beans for breakfast!  the kids seem to really like the WHITE BREAD sandwiches-I didn’t realize that isn’t common in Germany until I watched Cooper eat his in about 1 minute flat 
  • The ENGLISH Magazines Jason surprised me with to read by the pool.  I might just get caught up on the fashion world…





2 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous!! Have a great time!:)Jeremy is doing better...no fever since Thursday night.:) love,m:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spain looks amazing, have a wonderful vacation!

    Cristy

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>