4/12/11

I'm Falling in love





I think I have fallen in love with the Wilhelma Zoo here in Stuttgart. (and I think my In-laws have joined me)  It is not like any zoo I have ever visited in the States.  I am not sure if I would even classify it as a zoo due to its historical background and architecture-except it does have almost every type of animal and insect you can imagine. I blogged about Wilhelma Zoo at the beginning of our ‘life” here in Stuttgart, but never knew I would fall in love so quickly with this attraction. (If you want to see its history dating back to the King-refer to earlier post)  With the “Grans” here, it gave us a great excuse to take another visit.  My first thought as we entered the gate- ‘this is not the same place we visited back in February.”  Everything had spring fever; the Tulips, Magnolias, and of course many of the animals.   FYI-there ARE dangerous questions asked when taking your kids to the zoo at the beginning of April!  It truly was one of those GREAT days in Germany…the Grandparents were with us, the flowers were all blooming, ice cream was cold, the beer was room temp, and there were seats on the U-Bahn.  To see more about “Spring at the Wilhelma” here is their website link.  




G'ma doesn't like Peacocks too much..


Why is that Croc on the other ones back Grandma?


How bout this Grandma-WE SNAGGED SEATS!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are gorgeous!!! Is that the zoo you were saying that we would go and visit together?:) The kids look like they are loving their time with their grandparents.:) So sweet! Can't wait to see you in a few days!! love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>