4/29/11

Tuscaloosa Tornado update

Even though we are enjoying our vacation in Majorca, Jason and I both seem to continue to think about our friends in Tuscaloosa and all the hardships they are going through.  We aren't getting any national news on our little 5x7 tv here on the island, but my friends continue to send us updates.  We learned to take Tornado sirens seriously retreating to the basement any time we heard them screaming.  I learned this lesson after living in Alabama for 8 years and seeing the destruction the 2000 tornado left in Tuscaloosa partially destroying the neighborhood I had just moved out of a few months earlier.  I can't even get a grip on the damage this tornado has done to the heart of Tuscaloosa...not to mention the hearts of all our friends.  Our thoughts continue to be with you, even though it is from across the ocean.

  This is an aerial view of the destruction one of my friends shared from the local news.  It is so bad, Jason and I couldn't even recognize the areas. 

 



1 comment:

  1. I am thinking of you and your friends in Tuscaloosa! love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>