5/28/11

My American Idol....


I painted Jason this for one of his "7 gifts"  

After reading my friend’s ‘Facebook status’ updates, I wondered, “Who is Scotty?”  I quickly learned he is this year’s American Idol winner.  After I watched all of his performances on YouTube, I understood why he took the prize. 

As good as Scotty is, I have another favorite “American Idol”.  He may not be able to sing, but he is my Idol in many ways.  He is passionate, caring, giving, smart, and most of all he loves me.  He loves my good, he loves my bad, he loves my whacky, he loves my dark, and he loves and supports the person I am-period.  This weekend, we are celebrating 7 years of marriage.  That won’t sound like very many years to many of the veterans that read this blog, but you have to understand that for me, it has been seven years of complete happiness.  For me, the move to another country and all the challenges that come with such a move, has only strengthened an already good relationship. 

We took tried to take pictures of our night

Finally a good picture thanks to a little help-great view behind us
This weekend, to celebrate our 7 years of marriage, we had a great dinner at ‘THE CUBE” here in Stuttgart.  Since I had made all of the “surprise” arrangements for our evening in my newly learned German, I was a little nervous if it would all come together.  My German must have worked because the babysitter arrived, I had all of my “seven” gifts hidden in my bag, the driver buzzed our bell and we were whisked off to our romantic dinner overlooking the city.  The views from the restaurant are breathtaking as you look at old beside new.  Not to mention the food was also as pleasing. Since the sun is shining so bright, it may surprise you to know that it was 8:30 at night in the above picture. (The sun shining so late into the night has been a nice surprise for me since it is sooo dark here in the winter!)

I am pretty sure the waitress did not realize that there was a “real life” American Idol sitting at her table, because she never asked for his autograph or a quick song.  Some things are better left a secret…..
The View from "The Cube"

"The Cube"

a sweet ending to a great night!

2 comments:

  1. That is soooo sweet!!! I LOVE this post!!!! Congratulations on seven great years!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, the picture you painted is beautiful!:) love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>