6/10/11

der Zahnarzt

 When we first found out we were moving to Germany, I started making a 'To do' list.  First on my list... have my teeth thoroughly checked for any signs that could lead to a possible trip to the dentist in Germany.  I wasn't blessed with the strongest rack of teeth and I was scared of having any teeth problems in Germany.

I have had my fair share more than my fair share of dental problems in my life and therefore, going to the dentist is in all CAPS on my "have Fear of" list.  I liked my dentist and Alabama and had gotten to the point that I didn't break out in a cold sweat the minute I walked into her office with a tooth emergency. 

Well, one thing I continue to learn, you can't plan everything in life and therefore sometime you must face your fears head on and try to have a good attitude.  (like driving in snow and ice)  The past two weeks, I have been facing one of my biggest fears 'mouth on', going to the dentist in Germany, and it isn't so bad.  Well, that is, I am not breaking out in a cold sweat when I walk in and sit in the chair.  And no,  it isn't the most fun since the initial analysis indicates my whole jaw needs to be "reworked",  and I would much rather be out 'reworking' my tour book.  But I will admit, I am learning a lot in the meantime.

Things I am learning from having to go to the dentist in Germany..
um..I need my nose holes. 
  • They have some pretty high tech dental instruments over here  
  • My lips can cover my nose holes and cause me not to be able to breath when plastic holders are used.
  • My dentist speaks excellent English, but I must use my German with the assistants which serves as another German lesson.
  • Grinding your teeth for many years can lead to numerous problems-note to self-DE-STRESS
  • When they say an appointment will last two hours, it will.
  • When your apointment is at 9:00...is will begin at 9:00, so squeeze in that flea size parking space quickly.
really??

Is that rubber glue you are squeezing in my mouth?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Gosh, Kirstin!!!! you didn't tell me you had to go to the dentist...i know when we visited you thought you may have to go. i hope everything is okay with your teeth. You are so brave to post that pic of you with your lips over your nose holes...you are a riot!!!:) love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>