7/16/11

Highway to...Tübingen


Ich bin müde...
...... in English-“I AM TIRED”!!  

Tübingen is a medieval town on the Neckar which dates from the 6th or 7th century.  Inside this city is 'The University of Tübingen' which was founded in 1477.  Bottom line...it is gorgeous, quaint, still standing, and OLD...and I feel just as old.  
 I have come to the realization, after touring with a 20 year old for over four weeks, that I am no longer 20.  It has been a hard realization, my friends probably knew...but I didn't.  I thought I was still ‘young and vibrant’…but I am not.  I am not old either, but throw a bunch of cobblestone walkways, mountains to castles, children to tired to walk riding on my back, and some worn out shoes in the mix, and all of a sudden-I am old.  My feet, arms, toes, fingers, belly button and funny bone all hurt from all of the touring we have done this past month.  BUT…I would do it all again (but maybe take a little Ben gay along this time)


Today, as we were driving home from our day trip to Tübingen, Katie made us realize (without meaning too), that mentally Jason and I are still young.  As we neared home, she began laughing at the fact that Jason and I were singing along at the top of our lungs to ACDC’s ‘Highway to Hell’  as the kids were sleeping in the backseat.  I guess we were both were remembering younger days as we got lost in our own renditions.  One day Katie will understand...and she will think SHE is still young.

I think I will continue to tour, be sore, laugh, sing and always be young…in my head!


Tübingen has ice cream!


and a fountain...


1



little doors..

Add caption


Someone rescue me from touring another castle!

Ironic- Satelite



1

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had another great day! You are young no matter how you feel....you look great! Love, m;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like summer finally made it to Germany! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>