7/17/11

Rainy days don't get me down in Germany!



What do you do when it’s raining in Germany?...Put on a raincoat and go on with your plansJ

So today in the rain, our plans included Jason taking the kids to a huge indoor pool, Fildorado and my taking Katie to a huge Palace, Ludwigsburg Palace and the Modemuseum inside the Palace which shows clothes from the 18th.

Today was my third time touring Ludwigsburg and after visiting many others, it is still my favorite Palace/castle tour.  It is one of the country's largest Baroque palaces.  The English tour lasts for 1 ½ hours and is packed full of information. Not only is the tour loaded, the Palace is loaded with many of the original furnishings, silk wallpapers, tapestries, paintings and much more.  

Are you from Alabama? Mayor Maddox and his wife Stephanie

As the tour guide led us to the next room of the Palace, a couple turned around and asked, “are you from Alabama?”  We answered that indeed we were and proceeded to discuss the rareness of our ‘run in’.  After I mentioned that I was currently living in Stuttgart, he asked,  “Are you married to Jason Hoff?”  I felt like looking over my shoulder to see if there were ‘prank’ cameras about to shine the lights on us because it was almost too ironic.  But it was all real…turns out it was the Mayor from Tuscaloosa Alabama, Walt Maddox and his wife Stephanie.  To make the world even smaller…the same type of situation happened yesterday as we were touring Tübingen.  I just can’t believe we are living in Germany and run into people we know from Alabama.  It gave me the feeling that the world really is a small place! 

LIFT....

working hard


I spy Katie...

I spy Katie! 




















Queen's bedroom

King's bedroom






3 comments:

  1. I am amazed at all the places you have taken Katie! What a trip of a lifetime for her! Too funny that you ran into Walt and Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is amazing running onto the mayor from tuscaloosa!:) How funny! You are sure on the go!!! i am dragging over here!!! our U.S.A. tour is kicking my butt! it is fun ...but I am tired!:) keep having a great time! love,m:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirstin, where are you ? I read your blog everyday and am missing it ! Is everything okay ? Rita

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>