7/12/11

Something is "Fishy" in Suttgart!



Because our last few days of touring have been a tad on the “heavy” side, we decided to do something a little bit light...well not light for my hips!  Katie and I headed down to Karls Square for the Hamburg Fish Market in Stuttgart. 

The people from Hamburg bring their specialty fish and beer down to Suttgart every summer for 10 days.  Thank goodness it is only for 10 days…I could see myself finding my way down to the Square everyday to sit under the shade trees eating fish, drinking a beer, and following up with a homemade doughnut.  It was light in many ways and a perfect afternoon. 

The day only got better when our friends from Alabama arrived for the night.  We didn’t’ grill fish, but wonderful Bratwurst!  Having friends visit often is one of my favorite parts about living in Germany!  

Shrimp


Gingerbread

homemade doughnuts

great seats

smoked fish

cookout with friends visiting from AL

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have had one busy month! No wonder you are so exhausted! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>