8/12/11

It's all a blur...

What is better than a good Mexican meal with great friends
I must say our visit to Alabama seems all a blur to me.  I am not sure if it is because my vision was blurred from the tears that came as soon as I began hugging someone with joy as we said hello, or the tears I seemed to shed as we were just as quickly hugging them saying goodbye.  I didn't realize our visit to Alabama would be so emotional.  I guess I have spent the last 8 months transitioning to our move to Germany, and had not really let myself "feel" how much I miss my friends in Alabama who are more like family after almost 19 years of living there.  But boy did I 'feel' it the last two days.  I am one lucky girl to have such good friends, but am an even luckier girl to have a husband who squeezed my hand tight as we drove out of town today to let me know that he understood my blurry vision.
Rosemary Beach

   We are now sitting on the porch watching the moon shine on the ocean as the warm breeze seems to be pushing the tears away as it welcomes me back to my "other home".  We have made it to Rosemary Beach-the place where I feel most at peace, the sand is soft between my toes, the ocean is music to my ears and the laughter will flow freely.  I will miss my friends dearly when we return to Germany, but instead of tears, I will walk around with a big grin on my face because I know I am a lucky girl to have them all!

Karina's best friend-she shed a few tears too

Instead of touring a castle...we toured Costco!
Good food and great friends
we picked right up where we left off!

Our little Cooper was excited to turn 6 in Alabama!

More like big sister

Little game of Pool baseball...we don't do that in Germany

And we met a new friend that was born after we moved.

1 comment:

  1. hey there, I completely understand what you are saying. I feel like my trip back to the U.S. was a blur,too....and I am going to admit it...I actually cried like a baby in my aunt's arms the day I left to come back to Nigeria. I don't know why...I guess I had never really let my feelings about being so far away from my friends and family really go before. I'll be thinking of you. I get teary eyed just thinking about you saying good bye to your family and friends. Know that I am on "your side" of the ocean!! love you! m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>