8/20/11

Photoshop not needed..

As I was cropping our pictures from the past week at Rosemary Beach, the thought occurred to me, too bad there isn't a "Photoshop" for life.  Wouldn't it be great if we could just click on "sharpness" or "enhance" that would make life's memories just a tad clearer (or maybe 're-touch' for those parts we would rather forget)

I guess my love of the beach came from the many trips I took with my family down to Salter Path, NC- but the specifics of what we did on those weekends seems fuzzy now and I can't click on "Highlights" to clear it up.  I do remember watching (not very patiently) as my parents and brothers set up our Pop Up Camper with the urge to take off running to the ocean.  I also remember the night my brother and I awoke to them knocking on the camper door from the outside because their bed had collapsed rolling them nicely to the ground.  I wish I could click on "sharpen" to remember exactly the look on their faces as we let them back in that ole camper!

 I don't need Photoshop to help me with this beach trip... it is all crystal clear (today). We have sat on the beach many nights until "the sun swims in the ocean"' (as Cooper says),  napped to the sound of kadima being played in the background, listened to the boogie board hitting the waves with a smack as the kids laugh exclaiming ,"that was a good one", gone "crab-hunting" at night with flashlights in hand with more screaming than catching going on and ending the night swinging on the big porch swing (and maybe falling asleep for just a bit) as I listened to the ocean waves crashing. 

Yep, no Photoshop needed this week for the pictures or my memory.   I am also pretty crystal clear that our kids will never find Jason and I knocking on the front door because our beds have fallen to the ground... because this chick has had enough of pop up camping and prefers concrete or wood these days.  But I am sure Karina and Cooper's memories will become fuzzy at some point in their life and they will need to click in order to "sharpen" some of the memories of our family trips to the beach, but hopefully when they do, they will remember all of the fun we shared together during our sandy days down at Rosemary.
Play ball-or just hit your sister with the ball

 no castle we have toured...

Where are those crabs?

My favorite site

Till we see you next time!


1 comment:

  1. what a great post!! it looks like everything was gorgeous!!:) i don't think you'll need photo shop to remember those beautiful views either.:) when do you head back to Germany? love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>