9/10/11

Easy wishes

Karina had easy wishes for her 7th birthday...or so I thought.  After searching for cupcakes in various German markets and staying up until midnight with some very energetic girls, I realized her wishes might not be the easiest after all...
As I began my search for fabulous pre-made cupcakes for our little birthday girl, I began to get the clue that this is not a traditional German food carried in the local market.   I love to bake, but have never ventured into the Cupcake field.   I didn't have to, a quick trip to Publix in Alabama always fulfilled my cupcake need for any occasion.  However, after my non successful search, I desperately called my 'German' friend, and soon discovered that I would be, in fact, cooking cupcakes for Karina's slumber party and her class party.
I found "muffin" mix that had a cupcake look to it in one store and I was off to my kitchen for "cupcakes 101". 


Sounds easy right....Well take a look at the directions and you will soon realize why it took me TWO hours to cook these fancy treats.  Part of the time was trying to translate the directions since 'Google translate' left me hanging and the other time was spent trying to rig the rack in my 2x4 oven so my cooking sheet would fit.  Of course, Cooper decided to help make these treats and somehow I ended up short on batter......
My "HELPER"



But again, all ends well with a little determination.  The girls didn't seem to have a problem eating the cupcakes and the sugar didn't seem to have a problem keeping them up until midnight.  Maybe my next search will be for the sugar-free version.  


This little oven has been a challenge for me....

Who is sneaking??

Just a little sugar to get us energized....

But the most important thing....Happiness!!!!





3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Karina!! It looks like the girls had a great time for their slumber party....and it looks like Cooper enjoyed all the "pretty little ladies"! You did a great job!! love,m:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Germany may have been the greatest thing for Karina. She has blossomed! Happy birthday my beautiful princess. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday sweet Karina!!! The cupcakes looked yummy and seeing their smiles put a huge smile on my face! Hope you have a great birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>