9/17/11

Blissful State of Mind

“To experience peace does not mean that your life is always blissful. It means that you are capable of tapping into a blissful state of mind amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life.”- Jill Bolte Taylor

Ironic that this quote came thru my email during what has been a life full of chaos the last few weeks.  I am sure much of it was “self-made” chaos since it is one of my specialties.  Nope, I didn’t seem to have that blissful state in my midst, more like the clown trying to throw the plates up in the air and catch them on my head…but my plates weren’t landing all nice and quietly.  But after reading this quote I felt a little better knowing “chaos is normal.” 

I don’t want our life in Germany to become chaotic with all of our school schedules and ‘to do lists’ because there are too many fun things I want to do while we live here.  But sometimes, I guess life becomes chaotic in any country when you have two young school children, a dog, a husband who works hard, a mom that goes to school, dirty dishes, homework, doctor’s appointments, on..and on...BUT-chaos is normal

Every night I planned on writing about the many ‘first’ tasks I accomplished here in Germany this week amidst the hectic (that I actually patted myself on the back for conquering), but it was chaotic and I seemed to fall asleep as quickly as the children.  But today during my run, as my mind began to wonder to next week’s schedule,  I saw this garden full of blooms with a great sign, and I realized…THIS is a “blissful state of mind.”  So, when things start to go crazy Monday morning, I will just say to myself…No Poo-Pooing in this life, only tapping into bliss welcome here!  



2 comments:

  1. You are so right!:) Life will get hectic wherever you live!:) I know it does here, too:) But, I will also have to remember that sign and laugh;) That one is too funny:) love,m:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that this is one of your most motivating blogs and one of your funniest! I am rolling and tearing up all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>