9/12/11

Wheels in Stuttgart

We had a weather snap this weekend...it snapped from jacket required to sweat while you walk warm.  The weather here baffles me with its dramatic changes.  It reminds me of petting a cat; you rub, she purrs and the next thing you know she flips over, grabs you with her claws and gives your hand a big bite.  Well, this German weather won't bite me anymore because I am no longer packing up my "off season" clothes up in a Rubbermaid.

Better on the "dogs"
The kids have also been learning an important tip for living in Germany-use wheels when going downtown or touring.  It only took us Hoffs nine months to figure out why we see many of the German children are "on wheels".   Now that we have figured this one out, we have been learning all sorts of 'wheels' here...roller-blades, scooters and "big kid" bikes.  Without them, the whining at the end of the day about their dogs being so tired is enough to send one straight to the wine cellar.  

Since we had two days of "sweat while you walk" weather, it was a perfect chance to hop on the train, with scooters in tote, to practice for all the upcoming touring we anticipate doing with with our many October guests.  I have to admit, their new scooter abilities made our shopping for snow boots/pants happen in record time. 


warm weather=long lines
 To reward them (and ourselves) for such a painless day of shopping on Saturday, today we hopped on the train straight towards some great ice cream at Eis Bistro Pingin.  The Eis is delicious but even more so is the scenery.  I can say for sure that I never ate ice cream in Alabama while sitting under a fountain built by a queen in the 1800's.   If you are ever in Stuttgart, take the U-15 to Eugensplatz, grab a nice cold Eis and cross the street to sit by the "Galateabrunnen Fountain".  If you are feeling really adventurous (and want to carry you kid's scooters up the steep hill) head up a few blocks to a really great playground!  Well, the weather has snapped back to chilly and I need to head in for a jacket!


One of Stuttgart's best



OK mom..I see the fountain can I just eat my ice cream?



Add caption

Add caption


dad's turn




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>