10/28/11

"Hoff Festival" has come to an end...


Where are all of our guests?  I can't see them anymore!

The last hug was given at the airport, the last quick turn to wave one more time was done, nose was blown and after 5 weeks of constant company came to an end, I drove as fast as I could to my “friseur”.  I know, it is sick…instead of crying because we are alone in the Hoff house, I was crying because my roots were screaming loudly from the top of my head that they had been neglected the past month.

But some things are worth neglecting when you only see your family and friends about once a year…like the laundry, the floating dog hair which has come alive, books to be read, and returning other friend's emails (no…I don’t neglect my German lessons, kids or school work no matter how hungry my guests are around 5...they are allowed a glass of wine while they simmer) 

The two questions I have been asked about all of our company:

My friend asked, “How do you handle 5 straight weeks of company…I am struggling with this one week because I can’t even walk around my own house naked!”
            My answer, “I walk around my house naked! 

Jason asked on the phone, (as I was speeding to the Friseur) “Are you sad that everyone is gone now?” 
            My answer, “Nope, now I can walk around naked and pick my nose!

Now that things have settled down and my house is clean, I am missing my family and friends being here with us.  However, as the Hoff hotel “closes for the season”, we will also check out ...and head to Prague to enjoy a different hotel where we can sleep late and have someone serve us breakfast....if the kids allow all that!  

A few pictures to re-cap the "Hoff Month of Guests Festival" 
I missed "racing" in the Stuttgart tour guide

How many more rose gardens is Kirstin going to make us tour!  
Finally-The Hoffs let us sit!
How many more of these "Tours" do we have left?
Nancy-are you looking at that guys butt in the Lederhosen?
We are going to just watch...and wish we had Lederhosen!

I'm not stopping to look at grapes..I'm almost there!
Look Marvin-those are REAL grapes!
Karina, let's take em for all their money before they leave!
Forest walks are the best tour for 4 kids!
Cooper, see that chick down there....
Let's call it a day!

I bet this day will include a lot of shopping...
cha-ching
Cha-Ching...
Cha-Ching...
 

NO Cha-Ching!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>