10/14/11

Larger than life in Germany


A few hours after we hugged Grandma and Pops (Jason's parents) goodbye, I headed to the airport to pick up Pappa and Nanna Wachs.  I am not sure what will happen to my heart when we the last hug goodbye is given from our month long “festival of guests” but I do know it is full of love right now. 

Where's dad?
My father has always been a “bigger than life” role model to me…his heart is big, his brain is huge, and his patience is even larger...it had to be to raise his head strong daughter!  Today I had another “first in Germany” experience...it was the first time my dad seemed “small” too me.  No, it wasn’t because all of his great qualities shrunk upon his arrival, but rather he was standing in the middle of a HUGE Gothic church. 

Funny that dad “jumped the pond” (as he calls it) to Germany and appeared “small” for once in my life.  I am sure that image of him touring the church, looking like an ant, will quickly disappear over the next two weeks as I spend time with he and Loretta.  I am also sure that when he hugs me goodbye on the way back across the pond, he will leave an even larger empty spot in my heart!   












1 comment:

  1. what a sweet post!:) I hope you all have a great time together! love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>