10/22/11

Mein Grossvater lebt in Deutschland!

Is this OLD??

What is old? 

Well, if my grandfather had been living today, he probably would say, “I am old!” because it would have been his 100th birthday.  The past few days we have toured parts of Germany that are over a 1000 years old... 100 doesn’t seem so old anymore.  But we aren’t buildings, castles, monasteries, or jewels…we are people and we get old.  For me, old means wise, old teaches you not to stress so much over the little things, and old helps you learn appreciation. 

I appreciate my grandfather, better known to our family as “Pa.”  He seemed to be able to teach us many lessons in life without us even realizing we were being “taught”.  The most important lesson I learned from him, he taught by example; to be kind to people.

As I take my family to tour all of ‘old Germany’ I have to think, “A part of my grandfather also lives here in Germany, because he helped shape me into the person I am today and I will always carry of piece of him within me no matter where in the world I live!”  So ‘PA’, I hope you are enjoying all of the currywurst, and I’ll have a cold beer once in a while for you!  I miss you and I am so grateful for all of the lessons and time we spent together.  LOVE!  
Is this old??



This remembers the old and the losses...

He is not old...

very old...

very young:)

feelin old....

they wish they were old...

old restaurant...

This dinner may make him old!

Very young Pfannkuchen!


This is for you Pa-Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute post. I am sure your Grandpa is smiling down on you:) Looks like your Dad and step mom have been busy! take care! love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>