12/7/11

Let us go..let us go...let us GO!!!



Yes Sir..."Let us go..let us go...let us GO!!!" was exactly what I was singing yesterday as I picked the kids up at school.   Amazing how the sky opened up dropping the winter's first snow right at dismissal and more amazing; the sound of 100+ children yelling as they realized it is pouring snow.  Yep, instead of 'visions of sugar plums floating' in this girls head, I was having flashbacks of all the times I got stuck last year as I learned to drive in the snow.  (When I was growing up the rule in our house was; If there is snow or even a few snowflakes...PARK IT!)
The fact that Jason is on another part of the globe did not ease my anxiety as the big white drops fell,  nor did it help that during the drive home Cooper kept asking, "Are you going to cry again this year when you drive in the snow?  Thanks to both the fact that I was a quick learner last year and the snow seemed to melt as it hit the road, we arrived home without even a slight tire spin. 
Once I was safely parked, I took a deep breath, followed the kids advice and turned my face up to the sky to catch the flakes and realized, "I AM DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS"

Can we go home..I'm cold!!!

Guess what he is up too....
here comes the first snowball of the season!!!

2 comments:

  1. See how much you've learned in the last year??!!:) Driving in the snow and ice is definitely one of my fears...great that you have conquered it!! love,m:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only Cooper would have the tenacity to make a snowball with only 128 flakes available.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>