2/15/12

Augenärztin

glasses for "near"
I am not sure if the Augenärztin (Ophthalmologist) was checking my eyesight or my German language proficiency.  I am pretty sure I failed at both.  I will chalk up my bad German during the exam to a frozen brain but have nothing to chalk up my lack of far and near eyesight to, but was thrilled that the "in between"sight seemed to be just fine. 
glasses for "far"






The good news...I can continue to study my German, and I live in a country where "Brille" is not only stylish but the "Optik" on about every corner seem to be as common as a nail salon in New York City.  So my choices were as overwhelming as my spoken German was to the girl helping me decide on my TWO pair of glasses. 

But once I slipped them on, I discovered a brilliant 'Rose colored' world.  It is amazing how some things in life can become so clear with just a little help! 

A few of the Optiks.....


Add caption



Add caption







1 comment:

  1. I lOVE your new glasses!!! I remember the first time I put on glasses for distance and I could see everything so clearly...i couldn't believe I had gone so long without seeing everything!:) love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>