2/11/12

BUTT COLD

My fingers have finally thawed a bit so that I can write a blog.  I thought it was just me the past two weeks that was having a hard time getting motivated to do anything that wasn't within 5 inches of the fireplace.  That was until German class where the first 20 minutes was a frigid conversation about the cold weather.  I am pretty sure I understood the conversation enough to understand that everyone else was feeling "Butt Cold".  So there----it is not my southern blood.  (I will admit that the others in my class are from warm parts of the world like Brazil and India) 

I have never lived somewhere that SIDEWALKS are plowed







It is challenging living in a place where I have to be out in the cold; walking to and from grocery store, walking to the train station and attempting to shovel a frozen sidewalk.  Even with my new extra warm Bogner coat Jason gave me for my birthday, I feel like the ducks I see on the frozen ponds around here that are sitting completely still.  (I had never heard of the brand Bogner but now strongly recommend it to anyone that likes to feel like they are wrapped in an electric blanket without feeling like the Pillsbury dough boy)

Cooper has also learned that the cold weather isn't a joke once he stuck his tongue on the light pole as he had seen in a cartoon.  The kids school also didn't think the cold was a joking matter...they sent out emails about the health hazards of not being dressed properly and decided to close one of the playgrounds because it was frozen. 

I sit in my warm den finishing my blog post as my crazy husband and dog come in from their 10 degree run with icesickles hanging like santa's beard.  I think I am the smart one around here and laugh as I think,
"This too shall pass thaw"

It is cold waiting for the train!

3 comments:

  1. Stay warm up there! I saw on the news about the extremely cold winter sweeping through Europe! Sometimes I feel like I can't stand the heat and humidity here, but I think I would hate the cold even more! Stay warm next to your cozy fireplace!:) love,m:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm so happy to have found your blog! I'm an Alabama expat in Germany, too! Just survived my first winter in Wolfsburg. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post and pics Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>