6/16/12

Karlshöhe

Astonishment- According to Webster-a feeling of being very surprised:amazement


Yes, that would describe the feelings I experience often when exploring here in Germany. 
 












I enjoy aimlessly wondering around discovering all of the hidden treasures; good restaurants, whimsical stores, historical sites and old steps that offer good people watching.  Again and again, I find myself being pleasantly surprised and left in a state of astonishment after stumbling upon yet another breathtaking beauty here in Germany. 

It is as if I am Alice, but rather than jumping down the rabbit hole, I jump into a storybook that transforms me to back to a time of old European charm.  However, it isn't a fantasy I am playing my role in that always seems to include old church bells ringing, cobblestone streets to walk down and children laughing, it is a non-fiction. 

The car was all snug in the Park House, so after one of my appointments, I decided to just start running without a destination in mind.  I happened to hop right into a charming non-fiction called, Karlshöhe complete with churchbells ringing, lush wine vineyards growing, vibrant rose bushes, statues greeting me as I ran past them and a Bier Garten begging me to come back when the story was finished.  That is better than any fantasy!















No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>