9/5/12

Full swing in Germany

NekarBlick
We are back in full swing here in Germany, and I'm not referring to our mini- golf outing overlooking the Nekar river at restaurant Nekarblick. (I thought it was the perfect place for Jason to work on his 'swing' prior to his upcoming golf trip)

1st and 2nd grade








Unlike the kid's golf swings, which are a tad on the erratic and dangerous side if you are standing within 2 feet, we have settled into a new consistent school year.  Karina was excited about starting 2nd grade, but not thrilled that it would be interfering with "Barbie time". Good to know her priorities are in the proper order.
Schultüte" ceremony




Cooper kicked off the beginning of 1st grade with the traditional German "Schultüte" ceremony (last year's blog post Schultüte 2011 post) I was extremely proud of him when he said, " I wasn't nervous on stage because I did like they did in the Muppet Movie...acted like everyone was naked." Yep, schooling is in full swing both at home and in class.
Cooper made his Schultüte




Also back in full swing are my daily runs in the forest. Since my "soon to be 75" year old father smoked me in a game of beach Kadima during our vacation, I decided those runs needed to get back in FULL SWING so that I can request a rematch.

Life this summer was nice and also included a swing...But mostly a' Porch one'.
 
Forest Run




1 comment:

  1. Better increase those runs to marathon level if you plan to have a chance in a rematch. Remember, "der alte" is also in training !

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>