12/24/12

Bangkok day one

We arrived via bullet train and airplane. We seemed to have learned the last coupke of years how to handle the kids jet lag...pools and i-touches loaded with new shows.

But Boy have I got a lot to learn about Thailand...all of my "thai-ing" one on in Stuttgart didn't even begin to prepare me for this lush, warm, and delectable country...and it has only been 6 hours! Things I've learned so far...

**When letting your waitress recommend a un- recognizable fish dish at medium spicy....know that your tongue, esophagus, and stomach may just burn to a crisp. " boy do they have spice right here and I doubt any bacteria is alive in my stomach " ( did I I mention Jason and Cooper branched out and ordered good ole hamburgers?)

**Dont let your daughter try your spicy even when she insists...make her stick to the Pad thai she ordered that came wrapped in an egg omelet bowl along with crunchy little shrimp SHELLS to sprinkle on top. I stole all of her shells to help calm down the fire I was eating.

**dont believe it when people or Books tell you they don't celebrate Christmas in this mostly Buddist country....we have more than one grand Christmas tree in our hotel.

Now off to learn some more lessons in Bangkok!

crunchy shrimp tails...




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>