2/18/13

Ironic..

Now, looking back with hindsight which I'm told is 20/20, it was a little ironic that only a few weeks before we found out we would be moving back to the U.S., the kids and I planned a trip back because I was feeling a little homesick.  So off we went for a quick vacation to Washington DC to visit my niece and her family. 




And as soon as we landed back in Stuttgart, after a wonderful trip,  I started realizing all of the things that I would miss here and make me feel "homesick" for Stuttgart.  Ironic...huh?
















1 comment:

  1. It is not ironic - it is more like a curse!You can live neither here nor there 100 % anymore. Once you moved abroad, this "miss" feeling is part of your daily routine. But you get used to it and apprecoiate the times you can be "there", and appreciate the times you can be "here". Your perspective has changed and you will see things differently.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>