4/21/11

Frohe Ostern y’all (Happy Easter-you guys)


 I had so many things I wanted to blog about this week, but with company visiting, Jason in South Africa, an incredible dinner with friends at an African restaurant last night and now packing for our vacation in Mallorca Spain (spelled Majorca in Europe) I have had ‘zero’ computer time.  I would take this scenario any day!  When we return from “holiday”(as the Europeans call it), I will blog about the incredible dinner I was enjoyed last night- is a must when visiting Stuttgart!

But, for now, I will wish y’all Happy Easter.  Karina and Cooper were on a ‘sugar high’ today because our doorbell rang constantly as our neighbors brought them chocolate.  A few said to the kids (in German) “The Easter bunny left this at my house for you.”  At one point, I was about to tell that Easter Bunny it was time for him to go on vacation too to get all this candy out of our house.  As I snuck one of their tiny pieces in my mouth, I quickly understood why our daughter has become a chocolate fanatic since we have moved to Germany.  She didn’t even like sweets very much until we moved here!

However, the best “EASTER LESSON” I had today; An elderly neighbor brought the kids each a little chocolate bunny rabbit carefully wrapped in a pretty napkin which was inscribed to them ”Frohe Ostern”.  As she gave the gift to the kids, she apologized to me in German that it was such a small gift.  Once she left, Cooper asked, ”what was she saying to you in German?” I translated ”she said she didn’t have much money, but it made her happy that you and Karina always give her big smiles when you are out playing, so she wanted to give you a little gift for Easter.”  Later in the evening, Cooper came to me and whispered in my ear, “mommy, can we give that lady some money for Easter?”  THAT made me a very proud mother and reminded me of the true meaning of Easter.

I am not sure if we will have internet access in Spain, or if I really want to blog while enjoying it all….so, I will now leave you with some of the sights in the stores the past few days.













1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter to you, too! Have a great time in Spain!! I can't wait to hear all about it.:) love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>