9/21/11

'Adversity Tours' by Cooper


“There is no education like adversity”-Benjamin Disraeli

Today I was educated-this equals

I also learned during the midst of our chaos, that I was capable of tapping into a blissful state of mind amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life!(refer to previous post)  My bliss; I realized that Cooper has definitely contributed a different “tour” aspect to Germany that I probably would have never experienced without him-Numerous hospital “ERs”! 

Today, when he ran outside crying, “sorry…sorry…I didn’t mean to get blood everywhere”, I decided it was time to put down my newly acquired pressure washer.  In hindsight, I should have just lugged in on in the house to clean up all of the bright red that was making an appearance as our newest home décor.  Turns out Cooper got a little too excited about the book he was making and added a chunk of finger

Comforting him was the easy part, explaining to the Pediatric Surgeon that the first doctor sent us to after viewing his finger, was not so easy.  (Note to self-Add more German classes to my weekly education)  I was baffled that they continued to ask me for the address of his school after we arrived and proceeded to call Jason for translation.  We finally realized they had indeed NOT asked me if he was in school but rather had he had this accident at school.  Once I cleared that one up, we headed into the surgical room. 

After stitching Cooper’s finger with ZERO numbing, I am pretty sure that the doctor also got an education; While they comfort their babies, Mamma Bears can communicate even when they don’t speak perfect German.. Yes, adversity can lead to education!!!  


2 comments:

  1. OH my goodness!!! What a brave little soul Cooper is!!! I don't think I could have handled it all! You CONTINUE to amaze me with your ability to handle just about any situation! Hugs for our brave Cooper and hugs to you!

    Love! E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! I am glad Cooper is okay...i can't imagine how painful that must have been! I am glad he is okay and you are too!!! love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>