11/2/11

Young in Prague


The other day I wrote about what “age” has given me, but the past few days the children are also showing me what “age” is taking away.  Youth has no boundaries and we have once again witnessed this during our vacation in Prague particularly with Karina.  Every day she insists on drawing a ‘Bindi’ on her forehead. (a forehead decoration worn in South Asia-particularly India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Mauritius)  I agreed that she could wear a bindi not understanding her need for this decoration.  But, after a day or so, she finally confessed that her “boyfriend” likes girls with a bindi.  Youth-she doesn’t care what anybody thinks about this and will not lose any sleep over “not being in style” while touring Prague.  She knows what she wants-the end. 

It also showed me what exposing our children to THE BIG OLE WORLD has done for them in the past year.  They are learning and speaking a second language, can quickly acclimate to any cultural differences and are teaching Jason and I daily how to live this way.  They can even say “thank you” in Czech.  I am proud but also jealous that this part of youth doesn’t come so easily anymore. 

As we leave the hotel to tour some more, I am beginning to realize our tour guides are most likely going to be Karina & Cooper Hoff!!


Add caption

Changing of the gaurds


Please help these children's parents!!!

If only I were young again....

If only I WERE YOUNG AGAIN!

Now this is a REAL dance hall!

K-watch this...in a minute I will be laying face first on the ground screaming!

Is this all we get for lunch?!?!?

Lunch


At least they took us to the toy museum

Good Czech dinner!!!





1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet about Karina. You're right...they are doing a great job... because they have two great parents:) Glad you are having such a nice time! love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>