9/25/12

More than tours in Germany...

"You look like my mom when we are doing homework"
NOPE...I haven't written a post in a while.....  Did you know that when your kids get into "real" school grades even in Germany, they have homework?!?!  I mean, don't teachers know that there are tour books coming out of the walls and so many fun things to do in Germany besides homework...not to mention the fact I didn't even like doing my own homework when I was growing up!  Calm down now all of my teacher friends because (drumroll), I have again slipped on my 'big-girl' panties and started this more structured life which involves my helping with homework, set bedtimes, and many comments of "moms banging her head again".  So, nope I haven't written on my beloved blog but my children are going to be well educated and can hopefully read the tour books to me real soon!







I think everyone else is doing homework
Did you know... I also finally got over one of my silly fears called, "joining a German Gym".  Yes, I did it and can therefore bang my head inside the sweat smelling confinement of a gym when the homework the previous night was too tough.  My cousin (who is a fitness expert) asked me, "why were you scared of going to a gym in Germany?"  HMMM...my love handles hanging over in an annoying manner all while I am being instructed in a language that doesn't happen to be my own-you tell me.  BUT- I overcame another fear since moving here and have found my German trainer to be fabulous (and he didn't even notice my handles) and they have all kinds of massage chairs and machines to relax your muscles after the head banging!!!
massage machine in gym to relax your muscles!!!

AND did you know that there are gorgeous sunsets all over the world?  This one, helped me remember that life is sometimes more than tours listed in a guide book or even new phases of motherhood because the sun will rise and set no matter what country you are living in...well, I guess if I had spent a little more time on my homework I would no know that wasn't true!  (Sorry N. Pole, S. Pole, Alaska...just to name a few)
My German sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>