11/7/12

Istanbul-Touring

I wasn't sure what to expect on our trip to Istanbul Turkey.  I felt a tad out of my comfort zone...such a big city, so much history, different cultural, different dress attire and yet, I quickly found my comfort zone.  Since moving to Germany, I am learning that when I do go outside of my comfort zone (which is often when one lives in a foreign country) and overcome that fear of the unknown, I am rewarded more often than not. 

The people in Istanbul were warm and friendly and seemed to have a special place in their heart for children.  As seems true with much of my traveling, I didn't put one bite of Turkish food in my mouth that didn't start an immediate salvation (tomorrow I'll post a blog on the food alone).  The historic sites that we toured were exactly that...historic and breathtaking. 

Yes, I think we all quickly found our comfort zone in Turkey and that ain't no gooble!



















1 comment:

  1. Ha! You're one of the bravest women I know. I think I'd be very fat and happy in Turkey.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>