6/14/13

Still learning strength


My learned strength from our time in Germany (that I so gallantly bragged about a few posts back) was tested on my flight to the Grandparents in Oregon with the kids earlier this week. 

I will not write about how our journey turned into a FIFTEEN hour trip due to mechanical problems, missed flights, re-routing and a luggage no show.  That is always a gamble when one flies now... A days and I try not to stress over those things.

But, I found that I was not quite the strong girl I thought when just 15 minutes after this visit to the captain, switched to my little 8 year old laying in my lap feeling as hot as a desert and basically not responsive.  The crew paged over the intercom for a medical doctor and she was iced down, given meds and we have been nursing her all week with TLC and antibiotics. 

So I guess living in Germany did not teach me how to deal with all things with a perfect calm and grace cause I was not very calm as the doctor stayed with us 20,000 feet in the air and Karina felt felt more like the sun laying in my lap. But I was shown that there is grace all over the world and the sky. Maybe that was supposed to be my first lesson moving back to the US because I now understand that I will continue to grow as a person from life's experience even though I am back home and not living in a foreign country. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>