12/31/10

3 days of fun....

First...note-you can click on pictures to see larger view-new trick I learned.

 So, I haven't blogged for 3 days because we have been so busy.  The main thing...THE LUGGAGE ARRIVED. I'm not sure who screamed louder-Nancy because she had boots or me because I would now be subjected to wearing rain boots in 2 foot snow.  (However, our walks haven't been nearly as entertaining!)
C always seems to be face first in snow

Solitude 1 Castle

Dinner in Degerloch with Sitter:)

Morning walk

View from walk

What do you mean it is cold on top of the tallest building????

Santa says, "if you don't quit going face first in snow...."

Rothenburg-Jason took G and P

It was Pop's turn to take out Compost (notice he is wearing my high heel rain boots!)

Grandma is loaded on Zip line

Cooper likes laying in snow better than Zip line-Go figure

Everyone checking that daddy is ok (including Rocky)

Again...Pops pushed daddy too hard..this time on the Zip line

Pops taking a big turn on Zip

Luggage is here! 

Cooper-"howd they paint that way up there"

Solitude 1 Palace

Can't take the kids out of the boys-Beer garten near house

Snow doesn't deter Cooper from anyting....


New for me....
Spoken tons of German in order to have food in our house for the Schwieger Eletern (In-laws) and AGAIN who knows what we are eating these days....but they seem to like it all.  You think I'm joking...I'm not.  I go to the butcher or bakery and just wing it with my German.  So beware when you come visit us.....you could be eating liver! The best this week was when I took Jason's parents with me.  The "baker" said to them in German, "she speaks such good German and she is trying so hard"  HA- I looked at them and they had a blank look on their face.  I turned to  her and said, "Sie Verstehen nicht"  (they don't understand you)  Then I thought....ewww, this COULD be fun........Pops she said for you to pay for everything!  (hee-hee) He did.

We have toured some of the areas as seen in the pictures, walked to parks, done zip lines, found frozen Beer Gartens, and had MANY snowball fights.    It has been hard to get out as much as we wanted since we have had so much snow.  The biggest thrill-WE HAD A BABYSITTER TONIGHT! We had a fabulous German meal (well maybe it tasted fabulous cause nobody was whining or fighting during dinner)   This is especially good since Jason and I would like to resume our "weekly date night".  I must admit I was baffled when our babysitter, Jenny, showed up with her school work even though there isn't school for 2 more weeks.  The teenagers here seem to have a much different mentality towards school work.

Cooper -he seems to have a snow fetish....everytime we turn around he is laying in the snow, building snow angels or throwing snowballs.  I swear, he keeps me laughing...I wish I could describe better how he will just drop down in the snow face first.  I guess I should mention that Rocky also has this same fetish. 
Karina-She has surprised us at her "Guiness book of Records" speed.  If we mention going somewhere, she has on her snowpants, gloves, boots, scarf, and hat before we even get to the door.

Well, gotta go to bed because tomorrow we have to start our food shopping for the next 3 days.  Everything is once again closed until Monday beginning tomorrow at noon.  Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>