12/6/10

HA...HA

Yep, I am trying to find the humor in all of this cold weather and snow.  I guess I should really find the humor in these random big chunks of snow that happen to keep falling out of the trees onto my head.  (I hope you will find a little humor in that if you imagine me walking in with my two bags of groceries and KABOOM-I'm covered in snow.)

Yesterday, We decided to take the kids to the Esslingen Christmas Market to break up the "moving" craziness. Cooper loved playing all of the Midevil games (archery, skeet ball) and getting shiny rocks for prizes.  I was most excited that the guy I ordered my hot chocolate from said, "are you from US...Your German is very good." and I replied, " and your English is great"  I thought he was joking, but was being serious.  He continued to talk to me in German, so his English was not so great anymore.  Karina loved the 'stuffed' forest animals they had on display, until it dawned on her to ask, "how did they die?"
Mine and Jason's biggest 'achievement' was at breakfast when a business man told us that our children were very welled behaved and we had done a good job with their manners.  (I thought this was a joke too)
House is still a big ole wreck of boxes-but I don't have the energy to stress on this topic-I have to save that energy for driving in the snow.  Speaking of, today was the first day of school for the kids.  IT WAS 'pouring' snow this am.  Talk about a double load of stress.  Jason decided to run a little late for work so he could drive in front to show me how to get to their school.  I wasn't too excited when I watched his S-Class sliding on the road and I was in a little C-Class Wagon.  We made it after seeing a few fender benders and Yes I was crying by the time we made it to school.

Karina adjusted great at school.  Cooper took over my snow tears and had a complete meltdown I was leaving.  His teacher was very kind and let me stay for a while so he could de-stress.  After I dropped them off, it was time to go to the market.  I am trying now to find the humor in Jason forgetting to tell me not to try to "bag" my groceries right at the check-out.  The women was talking such fast and stern German to me and I couldn't understand.  (I might note the long line behind me wasn't looking to happy either)  Finally I caught on and realized I was supposed to drive away, then pack my bags.  Did I mention you have to pay for both a cart and bags?  ( I will be sure to take my own bags in the future.)

Firsts for today
  • having to use a compost bucket for our 'food waste'
  • Not having traction on my tires to get into my parking spot
  • having to use a ice scraper on the car
  • Shoveling snow (and have to go do it again in a few hours)
  • waking up hearing people shoveling snow
  • Not caring how my hair looks since I will be wearing a hat all day (sounds petty I know but my fellow Southerners understand)
  • Not having Jason around to help translate or correct my German
Well, off to drive in the snow some more to pick the kids up from school. 
Made Cooper pose so I could take a pic of everyone eating outside in FREEZING cold


This statue is how I feel here in Germany this first week

No 'corn on a stick" Bread on a stick

Karina liked stuffed animals

Cooper playing games at Christmas Mrkt
Leaving the kids school

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! you are doing a great job! I don't think I could handle driving in all that snow! I love your blog, and your house looks beautiful. The market looked like it was a ton of fun. You are a trooper for staying in a hotel with two kids and a dog.:) Love your blog! love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>