3/19/11

Germany Live

One of the ways I keep in touch with my family, is an I-phone App called, "TANGO".  This app allows us to video call each other free using not only wireless but also 3G network.  (In non-apple terms, this translates into "we can call one another no matter where we are and without having to be near a wireless internet connection)  Yesterday, my father tango'd me while I was doing my shopping at the Fresh Market.  He was more than eager to let me take him on a quick tour of the fresh olives, cheeses, breads, cold weather, and salami.   It was so much fun being able to share a piece of Germany "live" that it gave me an idea for the blog; why not share little "live" pieces of Germany once a week via video clips?

I can promise it will not be the same as being here with us, but hopefully, it will give you a tiny glimpse of the wonderful sights and sounds we experience that words can't describe.  To kick off my, "Alive in Germany series" I have made a brief movie clip from the Fasching Parade we attended in Freiberg, Germany a few weeks ago.  It doesn't show how crazy the festivities around town were leading up to the parade or some of the crazy antics during the parade, but it does give you a peek at the costumes:)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Kerstin, for sharing that with us! What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The precise quote is : "Ain't tekknolodgiey wunnerful !?"
    l.d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm wonder if the Droid phones have that app! The video is awesome and it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>