3/11/11

Pictures of Germany

Peacock begging
Today, as we walked past a flower stand, I heard the often said phrase "oh mom, please take a picture of that!"  However, today I actually HEARD the phrase rather than only responding by clicking my shutter.  It dawned on me-since moving to Germany,  often the kids are asking me to "take a picture"of random things we see.  As usual,  I spent quite a few minutes thinking about this new "phenomenon" my kids have with pictures.  It was a pretty strong one-coming from a 5 and 6 year old.  As an adult, I understand our living abroad and all the exciting things it brings to us as a family.  As for our children, are they are trying to capture it all in pictures-maybe because they aren't sure what comes next?  They have taken on our positive aspect of living abroad, and tend to show it much more openly.  They never fail to gasp aloud at something pretty, laugh all the way down to their belly's at something funny, play in the pedestrian zones like they were raised in the city, ride an escalator with no fear,  tell me the correct number of the train we need to take, and most importantly...try to speak the German they have learned.  As I "pondered",  I found myself wishing I hadn't deleted all of those "mom-take a picture" shots...what could be better than viewing a new country than thru a child's eyes.  I am posting the few of their requested pictures with the hope that I will continue to view  to try to view the world more often, thru their eyes!

Look-I learned to stick a spoon on my nose across the ocean
mom-the monkey is training the bird
look at him-he isn't cold
Lichenstein
Natural History Stuttgart
Table decor at a friend's house for dinner
snow
Frieburg (good thank Uncle Matthew had his camera)



Ludwigsburg Palace
peacock in a tree

1 comment:

  1. Hello :) Love your blog! These pictures are great - particularly the snow and, of course, the monkeys!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>