6/15/11

Field of Surprises..



During today’s run, I had a new surprise waiting for me in the ‘forest field’.  No it was not another shiny hiney…rather, a herd that smelled like a hiney.  

As I was running, I started to pick up a scent that made me think for a brief second that I was on my Uncle Bob & Aunt Shirley’s Cow farm rather than in the CITY of Stuttgart Germany.  As I continued to run and turned at a little bend in my path, I was shocked to see a whole herd of sheep that WERE NOT there the day prior. 

This may seem normal to many as did our adventures Strawberry picking.  What I seem to have a hard time getting these wiggly arms around is the fact that we live in a large city and ‘BOOM’ out of nowhere pops a strawberry field, a wine vineyard, or a herd of sheep all in the eyesight of the city hustle. 

As the kids were excitedly telling Jason, “daddy, we went down to the Forest to see some sheep today!!!”  (Of course I had to take them down to see as soon as they were home from school) Jason turned to me and said, “You know, I thought I heard sheep this morning on my run.”  Well…that must have been BAA-ffiling- huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>