7/7/11

Differences in Living...


Roasting Marshmallows...in JULY!

When I am often asked, “what is the biggest difference between living in German vs. Alabama”, I can’t think of an answer fast enough for the person to remain in the conversation.  But I find throughout my normal day I am constantly thinking, “this is so different from Alabama”.  This week, I actually remembered some of these thoughts and thought I would share….

A Few Differences I have noticed between living in Germany and Alabama

  • I have had my picture taken more here in 6 mos than probably 6 years thanks to our many tours
  • I celebrated a ‘Fourth of July’ without hearing a single firework.
  • I live amongst buildings that are older than “when America was discovered”.
  • I WOULD NOT have a fire in my house and roast marshmallows in July---I could probably just roast them on the sidewalk in AL in July.
The one thing that I find is the same, is our ability to find people that we will call FRIENDS for many years to come.  Isn’t that one of the most important things about living???
Cheese...

Fourth

No Fireworks...only children's laughter

Friends

More friends

Listening to what friends ask us "to do"

showing Katie how to jump


1 comment:

  1. The girls read this and, for the millionth time, asked "When are we going?" I don't think they can handle C & K having so much fun without them. ;)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>