8/29/11

Tripsdrill


My friend has been urging us to join their family on an outing to Tripsdrill the past few months.  Truth be known, I had been holding off on this excursion since the day she explained that she had gone to this German theme park when she was a little girl which made me question if those nuts and bolts were still holding on good after all these years.  Each time she urged, I had visions of my old County fair playing in my head. 

Of course, we decided to give it a try and headed to Germany's oldest amusement park, which is still owned and managed by the same family since 1929.  I loved it!  Not only are the rides for young and old, but also the park is very well “themed”.  I felt like I was walking thru an older version of Germany…well, I guess I was since it was built in the 20’s.  There was not one sign of my old County Fair here! 
I am not sure what my favorite thing was…the wooden roller coaster or the long winding slide inside the windmill that once you settle on your piece of burlap your are sent flying to the bottom.  I am sure Cooper would tell you that his favorite ride was the Bathtub flume he rode a few times with daddy.  Seems Jason failed to tell him it was one of the tallest flumes in Europe and traveled about 35 mph as it dropped.  Guess it didn’t bother Cooper since he back for “more”.  Karina would tell you she loved the roller coaster that looked like a caterpillar. I think she her screaming in my ear was the same in number as this insect has legs. 

I guess when I really think about it, I am sure of what my favorite thing was; watching my children have so much fun or enjoying another piece of German history I never would have experienced as a tourist.    

Looks like my laundry!

Bathtub Water flume

That looks like a fun RC-too bad we were too short

Water Barrels

ha-ha-mom sat in the 'most wet spot'

K and I did the "little" Flume

Good friends...









No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>