10/12/11

Advice to myself...


I gave myself some very important advice today as I headed over to Esslingen to give Grandma and Pops a tour of my favorite town that sits smack in the middle of lush wine vineyards. 
 
First piece of advice that I gave myself… “do not for one minute think you have seen everything or know everything about an area even if you have toured it 3 times before- Life is always full of surprises”

As we headed into Esslingen for a quick 3 hour of this area I have fallen in love with since moving to Stuttgart, I was thinking to myself, “I wish I was taking them somewhere I hadn’t seen before…but it will be fun to try to find something ‘new’ to take a picture of in order to find my fresh eyes”  The joke was on me because boy did we find something new and not only did I take a picture, but I also drank a very good glass of sekt (German champagne).  I was so tickled to “discover” Kessler Sekt wine tasting room, cellars and old Kessler house.  We learned a lot about the oldest champagne company in Germany that STILL uses the original process of turning all of the bottles by hand in order to produce their very yummy bubbly!

Second piece of advice I gave myself, “do not take Grandma & Pops to a Sekt tasting before having them climb up the steep wine vineyard and down some 300 and something steps”  





door to the underground cellars









1 comment:

  1. it looks like you had a very "bubbly" time:) Glad you had such a nice visit:) love,m:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Stuttgart, Germany, Germany
We are living as non-military expats for a second time in Stuttgart Germany. The first time, we moved from Alabama to Stuttgart, Germany in December 2010 for three years and now are back after six years.. This is a great adventure for our whole family that we enjoy sharing.
>